Latvian Translation and Localization Services
Language family: Indo-European, Baltic, Latvian
Latvian is one of the two surviving Baltic languages (the other is Lithuanian) which form a special subgroup within the Indo-European languages. Latvian is considered one of the most unchanged Indo-European languages spoken today, and is roughly as old as Sanskrit. Its closest relations are the Slavic and Germanic language families.
Official language of: Latvia, European Union
Language code ISO 639-1: LV
Professional Latvian Translators
More than 10 Latvian language specialists are listed on our databases. In accordance with the quality policy of “Baltic Media” whenever possible translation into the language required by the Client is carried out by a Latvian translator who is a NATIVE speaker of Latvian and/or who resides in Latvia.
We employ only professional Latvian specialists with a college/university degree in linguistics and/or with experience in Latvian translation work with/without specialisation in a specific field.
We have introduced and we work in accordance with ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System thus we have improved the Latvian project coordination and supplier selection procedure. Baltic Media has its own Latvian translator testing system. Criteria: linguistic education, at least 3 years of experience in Latvian translation, references from other clients, Latvian test translation.
A great number of our Latvian suppliers are certified Latvian translators. This qualification is essential for Latvian translations certified by a notary as well as for interpretation in Court trials.
Latvian Translation Services
- Each Latvian translation goes through three stages: translation, editing and proof-reading.
- Latvian translators work with translation programs Trados Translator’s Workbench and Trados MultiTermwhich ensure consistent terminology.
- Data safety, storage and confidentiality are our responsibilities. Server storage for finished Latvian translations. If you lose your Latvian translation, we will find it in our electronic archives.
- Educated, competent and service oriented Latvian project managers who constantly improve their qualifications in Latvian project management.
- Insurance of civil liability against possible Latvian translation mistakes — insurance company will compensate the loss caused to the client. Such cases cannot be found during of the Baltic Media operation history. However, it serves as an additional guarantee for the client.
- We work globally and have 24 years of international work experience since we have our customers and Latvian translators in all continents.
- Additional services: layout design for Latvian translations, print original preparation. When handing in the copy for translation, you may choose to receive the layout ready to print. Layout design service (DTP — Desktop Publishing).
Latvian Translation areas
Latvian legal translations, Machinery and technologies, Business, Finance, Medicine, Advertising, communications, PR, Transport, Computer hardware and software, Science, Agriculture, Automotive, European Union Documents, Legal, Government, Industrial, Life Science, Retail, Latvian Technology translations etc.
We conclude agreements with all our Clients, with particular commitment to the quality of work, terms of delivery and confidentiality.
Terms of delivery
The services we offer are adaptable to our Clients’ requirements. One of the most essential requirements is prompt service. It is also possible to contact us outside working hours. Quality and promptness — these are two of the main reasons we have gained our Clients’ trust.
Our most commonly used Latvian translations:
English to Latvian
French to Latvian
German to Latvian
Spanish to Latvian
Finnish to Latvian
Polish to Latvian
Czech to Latvian
Slovak to Latvian
Slovenian to Latvian
Hungarian to Latvian
Romanian to Latvian
Bulgarian to Latvian
Lithuanian to Latvian
Estonian to Latvian
Russian to Latvian
Swedish to Latvian
Norwegian to Latvian
Danish to Latvian
Icelandic to Latvian
Ukrainian to Latvian
Italian to Latvian
Latvian to Estonian
Latvian to English
Latvian to Russian
Latvian to French
Latvian to German
Latvian to Lithuanian
Latvian to Hungarian
Latvian to Finnish
Latvian to Bulgarian
Latvian to Italian
Latvian to Ukrainian
Upon request we can provide assistance with additional languages. For more detailed information, please contact [email protected].
Latvian Language Services
Other than operating with the most commonly used text processing software, for instance, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), Adobe Page Maker, and others, we also use special translation software such as Trados SDL, Trados Translator’s Workbench and Trados MultiTerm, Wordfast, thus forming Clients’ terminology databases.
In addition, we offer text conversion from/to PC and Mac platforms, preparation of printing proofs.
Our specialists are also experienced in Latvian web site and software localizationand translation of subtitles,voice over, dubbing of TV programs, movie trailers, video games, radio programs, commercials into Latvian.