Online Language Teaching Jobs | Language teacher jobs in Latvia
Language Teaching Jobs | Language teacher jobs Online and - On-site in the Baltics
Start a new career or side-hustle working from home from anywhere in the world
Jobs for Online and On-site English, Swedish, Finnish, Estonian, Lithuanian, Danish, Icelandic, Japanese, Russian, Chinese, Norwegian, Latvian and other language teachers
We are offering an opportunity to join Baltic Media® Language Learning Centre team and currently accept applications for Online Language Course Teacher for various languages. We are looking for Online English, Swedish, Finnish, Danish, German, Estonian, Norwegian, Japanese, Russian, Chinese, Latvian and other language teachers for long-term cooperation.
Baltic Media Ltd. is an ISO-certified language service agency, which specializes in all Nordic and Baltic languages. Baltic Media Ltd. was founded in Sweden in 1991, and operates in the Baltics since 1994 and is one of the leading companies in providing high-quality language services.
What is a Language Tutor?
A language tutor is a teacher who provides one-on-one or small group instruction in a language. Language tutors can work with students of all ages and levels, from beginners to advanced. They may teach a variety of languages, including English, Spanish, French, German, Chinese, and Japanese.
Language tutors may work in a variety of settings, such as schools, libraries, community centers, and online. They may also work independently, traveling to their students' homes or meeting them in a public place.
Language tutors use a variety of teaching methods, including conversation practice, grammar drills, and reading and writing exercises. They may also use games, songs, and other activities to help students learn the language in a fun and engaging way.
Language tutors play an important role in helping students learn new languages. They can provide personalized instruction and support, and they can help students to overcome their challenges and achieve their goals.
Benefits of working as a language tutor
There are many benefits to working as a language tutor, including:
- Flexible hours: Language tutors can usually set their own hours, which makes it a good job for people who need a flexible schedule.
- Location independence: Many language tutors work online, which means that they can work from anywhere in the world.
- Job satisfaction: Language tutors often find their work to be very rewarding, as they can see the progress that their students make.
- Opportunities to travel: Some language tutors travel to their students' homes, which can give them the opportunity to visit new places.
How to become a language tutor
If you are interested in becoming a language tutor, there are a few things you need to do:
- Get certified: There are a number of TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) and TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) certificates that you can earn. These certificates will show potential employers that you have the skills and knowledge necessary to teach a language.
- Gain experience: You can gain experience by teaching English or another language to friends, family members, or volunteers. You can also volunteer to teach English at a local community center or library.
- Create a profile: Once you have the necessary experience, you can create a profile on a website that connects language tutors with students. This will help you to find students who are looking for a tutor.
Working as a language tutor can be a rewarding and flexible job. If you are interested in teaching a language to others, consider becoming a language tutor.
Here are some of the most common language teacher jobs:
- English language teacher (ELT): ELTs teach English as a foreign language to students of all ages and levels, from beginner to advanced. They may work in public or private schools, universities, language schools, or online.
- Foreign language teacher (FLT): FLTs teach a foreign language, such as Spanish, French, German, or Chinese, to native English speakers. They may also teach their native language to English speakers who are learning it as a second language.
- Language immersion teacher: Language immersion teachers use a variety of methods to teach students a language in a natural and immersive way. They may use songs, games, stories, and other activities to help students learn the language.
- Online language teacher: Online language teachers teach students from all over the world using video conferencing software. They may work for a language school, online teaching platform, or independently.
- Private language tutor: Private language tutors work one-on-one with students to help them learn a language. They may work in the student's home, at a library, or online.
Other types of language teacher jobs include:
- Corporate language trainer: Corporate language trainers teach languages to employees of multinational corporations who need to learn the language of another country where they are working or doing business.
- Translator: Translators convert written or spoken text from one language to another.
- Interpreter: Interpreters convert spoken text from one language to another in real time.
- Language teacher educator: Language teacher educators train future language teachers. They may work at universities, colleges, or teacher training institutes.
How to find a language teacher job?
There are a number of ways to find a language teacher job. You can search online job boards, contact language schools and universities directly, or network with other language teachers.
If you are interested in teaching English as a foreign language, you may need to get a TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certificate. TEFL certificates are offered by a variety of schools and organizations.
Language teaching is a rewarding career that allows you to help others learn a new language and culture. If you are interested in becoming a language teacher, there are a number of resources available to help you get started.
Language Teacher Jobs
Online Language Teaching Positions
ONLINE LANGUAGE COURSE TEACHER:
- Highly qualified and certified to teach languages;
- Excellent knowledge of languages;
- Experience in remote teaching;
- Experience with various Online teaching platforms (Zoom, Skype, Discord, Google Hangouts etc.);
- Ability to independently plan workflow, problem-solving and decision-making;
- Strong organization skills and high attention to details;
- Passionate about language learning and helping others achieve their language goals;
- Computer with camera and microphone with reliable high-speed internet connection are a must.
- Teaching online language courses for groups and/or individuals;
- Preparation of training programs;
- Preparation of teaching materials;
- Responsibly and accurately perform all responsibilities related to conducting Online courses.
- Work in a multicultural environment;
- Projects (piece-work);
- Consulting and support during the whole project period;
- Opportunity to work from any place convenient for you (work from home);
- Competitive salary depending on education, qualifications, work ability and experience
To apply for the Online Language Course Teacher vacancy, send your CV to [email protected]. Please indicate in the application the desired payment for an academic hour (45min) and an astronomical hour (60min), as well as the language combinations in which you can teach the language remotely.
Elizabetes iela 11, Office No. 1
LV-1010 Rīga Latvia/Lettonie
+371 29 44 68 45