Human Translation Services
What is the main difference between human and machine translator?
Why Human Translation Services is Your Best Choice?
People around the world prefer communication in their native tongue. According to a study by market researchers at Common Sense Advisory, people are tree times more likely to buy products or services with information in their own language.
You want to take your products or services to new markets and you understand that you need to communicate with your customers with a content in their language. Translation is the beginning of your way to new markets and customer loyalty. We can help you with that.
This is how we work: first our human translator translates your content, then another linguist edits, then we proofread.
Human translation services are important for a variety of reasons, including:
- Accuracy: Human translators can achieve a higher degree of accuracy than machine translation tools, especially for complex or technical texts. This is because human translators have a better understanding of the nuances of language and culture, which can make a big difference in the accuracy of the translation.
- Context: Human translators can also better understand the context of the text they are translating. This includes the purpose of the text, the target audience, and the cultural context. This understanding allows them to produce a translation that is more accurate and relevant to the target audience.
- Creativity: Human translators can also be more creative than machine translation tools. This is because they can use their knowledge of language and culture to come up with translations that are more natural and idiomatic. This is especially important for creative content, such as marketing materials and literature.
- Industry expertise: Human translators can specialize in different industries, such as law, medicine, and engineering. This allows them to provide translations that are accurate and relevant to the specific industry. This is especially important for businesses that need to translate technical or legal documents.
- Personal touch: Human translators can also add a personal touch to their translations. This can be important for businesses that want to build relationships with their customers in foreign markets. For example, a human translator can adapt the tone and style of the translation to match the target audience.
Overall, human translation services are important for businesses and individuals that need to communicate effectively with a global audience. Human translators can provide accurate, contextual, and creative translations that are tailored to the specific needs of the client.
Here are some specific examples of when human translation services are essential:
- Medical translations: Accurate medical translations are essential for ensuring that patients receive the correct care. Human translators can translate medical records, patient consent forms, and other medical documents with the accuracy and precision that is required.
- Legal translations: Accurate legal translations are also essential for ensuring that businesses and individuals comply with the law. Human translators can translate contracts, court documents, and other legal documents with the accuracy and attention to detail that is required.
- Technical translations: Accurate technical translations are essential for businesses that operate in a global market. Human translators can translate technical manuals, software localization, and other technical documents with the accuracy and expertise that is required.
- Marketing translations: Accurate marketing translations are essential for businesses that want to reach a global audience. Human translators can translate marketing materials, websites, and other marketing content with the creativity and cultural understanding that is required to resonate with the target audience.
If you need to communicate effectively with a global audience, it is important to invest in human translation services. Human translators can provide you with accurate, contextual, and creative translations that will help you achieve your business goals.
What is human translation and why is it important?
All our translations are done and edited by human beings. The term human translation is used as opposed to machine translation. Human translation is executed by a human translator, whereas machine-translation is executed by a translation machine and edited by a post-editor.
Our human translators do translations ONLY into their native language and reside in the country where this language is either the official language or the language prevalent in social life. We have our own translator testing system. Criteria: linguistic education, at least 5 years of experience in translation, references from other clients, test translation. Learn more here.
Human translation services
Human translation services refer to the process of translating text or content from one language to another by using the skills and expertise of a human translator. Unlike machine translation, which uses algorithms and artificial intelligence to translate content, human translation involves the use of a professional translator who can accurately convey the meaning and nuances of the source text in the target language.
Human translation services are commonly used in a variety of industries, including legal, medical, technical, and business. They are especially important for translating documents and content that require a high level of accuracy, such as legal contracts, medical records, technical manuals, and marketing materials.
Professional translation services typically involve several stages, including initial analysis of the source text, translation by a human translator, editing and proofreading, and final quality control checks. The aim is to produce a high-quality translation that accurately reflects the meaning and tone of the source text.
There are many translation agencies and freelance translators who offer human translation services. When selecting a translator or translation agency, it is important to consider their experience, qualifications, and expertise in the relevant subject matter and target language.
Some of our Translators
The Best Translator is a Human Being
Human translation (HT) is the oldest form of translation, relying on pure human intelligence to convert one way of saying things to another. It remains the most widely-used translation method to this day. Human translation is your best investment when accuracy is even remotely important.
While automated translation solutions are incredibly fast at translating large volumes of content, their output is far from business-ready. Humans can interpret context and capture the same meaning as the source text, rather than simply machine translating word-for-word.
With all grammatical inconsistencies and unnatural phrasing, machine translation looks like spam for Google. Proper multilingual SEO requires professional human translation.
What is the main difference between human and machine translator?
The main difference between a human translator and a computer translator is that a human translator uses their knowledge and understanding of two languages to translate text from one language to another, while a computer translator uses a set of algorithms to translate text.
Human translators are able to understand the context of the text they are translating and to choose the most appropriate words and phrases to convey the original meaning in the target language. Human translators can also take into account the cultural differences between the two languages and adapt the translation accordingly.
Computer translators are not able to understand the context of the text they are translating as well as human translators. Computer translations can often be literal and may not convey the original meaning accurately. Computer translations are also not able to take into account cultural differences between the two languages.
Here is a table that summarizes the key differences between human and computer translators:
|Characteristic||Human translator||Computer translator|
|Understanding of context||Yes||Limited|
|Ability to choose the most appropriate words and phrases||Yes||Limited|
|Ability to take into account cultural differences||Yes||Limited|
|Accuracy||Generally more accurate||Generally less accurate|
|Cost||Generally more expensive||Generally less expensive|
Which type of translator is better for you depends on your specific needs. If you need a translation that is highly accurate and conveys the nuances of the original text, then a human translator is the best choice. If you need a translation quickly and inexpensively, then a computer translator may be a good option.
In recent years, computer translation technology has improved significantly. Computer translations are now more accurate and fluent than ever before. However, computer translations are still not able to match the accuracy and nuance of human translations.
If you are unsure which type of translator is best for you, it is always a good idea to consult with a professional translation agency.
Translation Memories, Terminology Databases and Style Guides
When you need a high-quality human translation for a larger project, we can offer a crowd-based platform, when many human translators work simultaneously. The crowd-based approach may offer more value for your money.
Our human translators use CAT-tools (computer-assisted translation tools) allowing to create a translation memory for future use, Text Editor software, style guides and glossaries that help us to maintain consistent terminology.
We save the memory of your translations to avoid duplicate work in the future. Translation memories (TMs) will enable you to save money across your documents and projects. Your savings may be as high as 70%. Please note that translation memory is not the same as machine translation.
Leave your e-mail address and we will contact you to tell more how to get proper human translations and save your money!
International Language Translation Services provided by Nordic-Baltic Translation Company Baltic Media Ltd:
- Translation and localization;
- Automated machine translation with post-editing MTPE
- Notary authorized translations of documents;
- Text editing;
- Translation, recording and subtitling of audio/video files;
- DTP (graphic design);
- Interpreting (consecutive and simultaneous);
The Baltic Media® Nordic-Baltic Translation agency is a leading provider of digital translation services in Northern Europe specialising in Northern European (incl. Nordic, Baltic, Slavic) languages mostly in translation services from/into Swedish, Finnish, Danish, Icelandic, Faroese, Norwegian, German, English, Polish, Russian, Latvian, Lithuanian and Estonian.
As an ISO certified language service provider, the Baltic Media® translation agency offers human translation services for corporate, governmental and private clients.