Learn Latvian | How Long Does It Take to Learn Latvian?
Learn Latvian | How Long Does It Take to Learn Latvian?
Latvian Language courses | Latvian courses Riga | Latvian language learning school in Riga | Latvian language course Riga | Intensive Latvian language course | Latvian classes | Latvian Language Test How Much does a Latvian language course cost? How many classes does it take to learn Latvian? Do you offer Latvian language course for companies? Where can I learn Latvian online? Is Latvian an easy language to learn? How can I learn Latvian language? What is A2 Latvian language level? What language is Latvian closest to? You will find the answers to these questions in this article.
In order to learn the communication phrases used by tourists in daily situations a couple days in the Latvian language course will suffice. However, if you want to master written and spoken Latvian more properly, you should allow one to three years. In order to achieve an academic level, you will need at least five to seven years.
Baltic Media is a Latvian language service company founded in Sweden and in Latvia with over 30 years of experience, therefore, you can trust our Latvian language course! We use Latvian daily and our Latvian language lecturers are native speakers. Latvian language course at the Baltic Media Language Training Centre is a good choice if you want to be able to talk to your Latvian friends and find a job in Latvia.
In this section you will find out: How long does it take to learn Latvian? | Does your mother-tongue affect your mastery of Latvian? | How many classes does it take to master Latvian? | Latvian language course for companies | Latvian language course for individuals | Latvian language course for individuals | Private classes | How much does a Latvian language course cost?
Learning Latvian can be challenging, but it is also rewarding. By following these tips, you can set yourself up for success.
Here are some tips on how to learn Latvian:
Start with the basics. This includes learning the Latvian alphabet, pronunciation, and basic grammar. You can find many resources online and in libraries to help you with this.
Immerse yourself in the language as much as possible. This means surrounding yourself with Latvian as much as you can. You can do this by watching Latvian movies and TV shows, listening to Latvian music, and reading Latvian books and articles. You can also try to find opportunities to speak Latvian with native speakers.
Use a variety of learning methods. There is no one best way to learn a language. Some people prefer to take classes, while others prefer to learn independently using books, apps, or online resources. Try different methods to see what works best for you.
Be patient and persistent. Learning a new language takes time and effort. Don't get discouraged if you don't see results immediately. Just keep practicing and you will eventually reach your goals.
Here are some specific resources and activities that you can use to learn Latvian:
- Online courses and apps: There are many online courses and apps that can teach you Latvian. Some popular options include Ling, Duolingo, and Memrise.
- Textbooks and workbooks: There are also many textbooks and workbooks available for learning Latvian. You can find these at your local library or bookstore.
- Latvian lessons: If you live in a city with a large Latvian population, you may be able to find Latvian lessons offered at a community college or adult education center.
- Conversation groups: Another great way to learn Latvian is to join a conversation group. This is a group of people who meet regularly to practice speaking Latvian. You can find conversation groups online or at your local library.
- Latvian culture and media: Immersing yourself in Latvian culture and media is a great way to learn the language and improve your pronunciation. You can watch Latvian movies and TV shows, listen to Latvian music, and read Latvian books and articles.
Here are some additional tips for learning Latvian:
- Focus on learning the most common words and phrases first. This will give you a good foundation to build on.
- Don't be afraid to make mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes when they are learning a new language. The important thing is to keep practicing and learning from your mistakes.
- Find a language partner. If you know someone who speaks Latvian, you can practice speaking with them. This is a great way to improve your fluency and pronunciation.
- Make learning fun. Choose learning methods and activities that you enjoy. This will make the learning process more enjoyable and motivating.
Latvian is one of the two surviving Baltic languages (the other one is Lithuanian) which form a special subgroup within the Indo-European languages. Latvian is considered one of the most unchanged Indo-European languages spoken today and is roughly as old as Sanskrit. The Baltic languages are of particular interest to linguists because they retain many archaic features believed to have been present in the Proto-Indo-European language.
Latvian is an inflecting language with many analytical forms. Primary word stress, with a few exceptions, is on the first syllable. There are no articles in Latvian, however definiteness is expressed by inflection of adjectives. Basic word order in Latvian is subject–verb–object; however, word order is relatively free.
There are about 1.3 million native Latvian speakers in Latvia and 100,000 abroad. Altogether, 2 million, or 80% of the population of Latvia, speak Latvian. Its closest relations are the Slavic and Germanic language families. Official language of: Latvia, European Union. Language code ISO 639-1: LV.
How Long Does It Take to Master Latvian?
In order to learn the communication phrases used by tourists in daily situations a couple days in the language course will suffice. However, if you want to master written and spoken Latvian more properly, you should allow one to three years. In order to achieve an academic level, you will need at least five to seven years.
Is It Possible to Master It Faster?
With time and motivation, you can master Latvian faster. The more time you dedicate to learning the language, the faster you will achieve the result. Daily communication in Latvian will be a great advantage. And do not forget the media (radio and television), press, cultural events, music, and films in Latvian.
Does Your Mother-Tongue Affect Your Mastery of Latvian?
If you speak Lithuanian or it is your mother-tongue, you will learn Latvian easier and faster. People proficient in Slavic and Germanic languages will see similarities with the Latvian grammar system and words loaned from these languages. The Baltic languages are more closely related to Slavic, Germanic, and Indo-Iranian (in that order) than to the other branches of the family.
Some important tips in order to master Latvian faster:
- Learn each new word in the context it is used in.
- Repeat what you have learned often because repetition is the mother of learning;
- Use both real and virtual Latvian language domain;
- Use the media (TV, radio, music, literature, social media platforms) in Latvian;
- Read fiction in Latvian, start with easy Latvian;
- Let yourself make mistakes, use the language, jump in the Latvian language river for a swim! You can do it!
How Many Classes Does It Take to Master Latvian?
Each language learner is different, however, you can see roughly how much effort and time you will have to dedicate to learning the language below:
|C2||+ 120 hours / 60 classes|
|C1||+ 120 hours / 60 classes|
|B2||+ 120 hours / 60 classes|
|B1||+ 120 hours / 60 classes|
|A2||+ 120 hours / 60 classes|
|A1||+ 60 hours / 30 classes|
If you want to master one of the oldest Indo-European languages, contact the employees of our language centre by e-mail: [email protected] or call +371 67224395.
For more information on how the language courses of Baltic Media, the leading language service company in Northern Europe, are organized visit: https://www.balticmedia.com/global-translation-services/language-training-courses-classes-lessons/
Baltic Media is a language service company founded in Sweden with over 30 years of experience, therefore, you can trust our Latvian language course! We have a brand new, original Latvian language learning method Discover Latvian which helps to learn Latvian in a fast and effective manner.
Latvian Language Course for Companies
Teachers of the Baltic Media Language Learning Centre are professionals who use a creative, contemporary approach to preparing and conducting language courses and will adapt the content to your needs and wishes.
Latvian language courses we offer:
- Correspond to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2);
- Use a test to assesses Latvian language skills of employees before starting a course;
- Develop all the necessary Latvian language skills with a focus on speaking;
- Teach how to conduct successful business negotiations with clients or business partners.
During the studies, the teacher checks the progress of participants of the Latvian language course and at the end of the course submits to the employer a report on presence / absence and the assessment of language skills. Participants of the Latvian language course receive a certificate of the level of Latvian language skills achieved.
Save time and order Latvian language course for yourself or your employees at your premises!
Latvian Language Course for Individuals
Baltic Media Language Training Centre offers private lessons or group classes at our office. If you travel or go on business trips often, it is worth applying for Skype classes. Our teachers will develop a Latvian language course programme to meet your needs.
During classes you will learn how to do the following:
- Book a hotel, order food, travel, find a job etc.;
- Communicate to leave a good impression;
- Tell about your culture or find out about the differences in another culture;
- Conduct business negotiations successfully;
- Prepare presentations in Latvian and much more.
All you have to do is assess your Latvian language skills and apply for private lessons or group classes.
Individual Latvian Language Course | Private Lessons
If you want to save money and master the language faster, you might want to apply for private Latvian language lessons.
Individual Latvian language course is especially effective as the lecturer dedicates all their attention to one language learner. Although one academic hour is slightly more expensive than a group lesson, money is spent more effectively and in the long run private lessons will cost you less. If you study individually, you will need less classes to achieve the desired result than you would in a group setting.
If you have no prior knowledge of Latvian, start with the beginner's level A1.
How Much Does a Latvian Language Course Cost?
15 classes (30 academic hours) will cost you from 240 euro (excl. VAT) or 290 (incl. VAT), if the classes are conducted in an open group setting at the Baltic Media Language Training Centre on Elizabetes iela 11–1, Riga. Fees might differ depending on the level of the course. To find out the exact fee, contact our employees by e-mail; [email protected] or call +37167224395.