Translation Process | How a Translation Agency Works
Translation, Localization and Transcreation Process Step by Step in the Baltic Media® Nordic-Baltic Translation agency
The translation process is the process of converting text from one language to another. It is a complex process that involves a number of steps, including:
- Understanding the source text. The translator must first have a thorough understanding of the source text, including the meaning, tone, and style.
- Choosing the right translation method. There are a number of different translation methods, each with its own advantages and disadvantages. The translator will choose the most appropriate method for the specific project.
- Translating the text. The translator will then begin translating the text, sentence by sentence. They will use their knowledge of the source and target languages, as well as their expertise in the subject matter, to produce a translation that is accurate, fluent, and culturally appropriate.
- Editing and proofreading the translation. Once the translation is complete, it will be edited and proofread by another translator. This is done to ensure that the translation is free of errors and that it meets the client's requirements.
- Delivering the final translation. The final translation is then delivered to the client. The client may review the translation and provide feedback. If the client is satisfied with the translation, the project is complete.
Here are some of the key factors that can affect the translation process:
- The type of text being translated. Some types of text, such as technical manuals and legal documents, are more difficult to translate than others.
- The quality of the source text. If the source text is poorly written or unclear, it will be more difficult to produce a high-quality translation.
- The expertise of the translator. The translator's knowledge of the source and target languages, as well as their expertise in the subject matter, will have a significant impact on the quality of the translation.
- The time and budget available. Translating a text takes time and money. If the client has a limited budget or a tight deadline, this may affect the quality of the translation.
Translation is a complex and challenging process, but it is essential for communication in a globalized world. By understanding the translation process and the factors that can affect it, you can help to ensure that your translations are accurate, fluent, and culturally appropriate.
Translation agencies are businesses that provide translation services to clients. They typically have a team of translators who specialize in different languages and subject matter. Translation agencies can translate a wide range of materials, including websites, marketing materials, legal documents, technical manuals, and more.
Here is a general overview of how a translation agency works:
Client submits files for translation and project information.
2. Project Analysis
Received files are analysed, requirements clarified with the client and project parameters defined. At this stage, any available reference materials, style guides, glossaries or translation memories are requested/created.
3. Price Quote
Creation of a price quote form, which becomes our Service Agreement subject to the client’s approval.
4. Project Set-Up
Once the price quote is confirmed in writing, an electronic project is created in our workflow system. Timelines for various stages of the project are set.
5. Team Building
Expert linguists are selected from our global database of native-speaking subject matter specialists.
Files are sent to the translator and simultaneously editing and proofreading resources are reserved. Requirements and deadlines are clarified and confirmed.
Translated files are delivered to the editor, who compares them against the source text and checks for completeness and contextual accuracy.
8. Local Market Check with the Client (Optional)
Before the finalization and DTP, the text is sent to the client for local market evaluation and confirmation that the terms and content has been done in accordance with the requirements of the client.
Edited files are delivered to the proofreader to assure that all spelling, grammar and cultural aspects are correct and that the translations read fluently.
If necessary, project files go to DTP. Any final issues relating to formatting, presentation or file format are resolved here.
Before delivery, the Project Manager performs a final check of the deliverables to ensure they meet the client’s requirements and are in the correct format.
Translated, edited and proofread files are delivered to the client using the agreed method of delivery. We remain in contact with the client throughout the process and we always welcome feedback on the quality of our work.
Translation agencies can offer a number of benefits to clients, including:
- Expertise: Translation agencies have a team of experienced translators who specialize in different languages and subject matter. This means that they can provide high-quality translations for a wide range of materials.
- Convenience: Translation agencies can handle all aspects of the translation process, from assigning the project to a translator to delivering the final translation to the client. This saves clients time and hassle.
- Consistency: Translation agencies can ensure that all translations are consistent in terms of style and terminology. This is important for businesses that need to translate large volumes of material or that need to communicate with customers in multiple languages.
If you need to have a document translated, you should consider using a translation agency. Translation agencies can provide you with high-quality translations that are accurate, fluent, and culturally appropriate.
Baltic Media® is an ISO Certified Language Service Provider in Northern Europe with more than 30 Years of Experience.
The Baltic Media® Nordic-Baltic Translation agency is a leading provider of digital translation services in Northern Europe specialising in Northern European (incl. Nordic, Baltic, Slavic) languages mostly in translation services from/into Swedish, Finnish, Danish, Icelandic, Faroese, Norwegian, German, English, Polish, Russian, Latvian, Lithuanian and Estonian.
As an ISO certified language service provider, the Baltic Media® translation agency offers human translation services for corporate, governmental and private clients.