Translation quality is the degree to which a translation meets predefined standards or requirements. It is a complex concept that is influenced by a number of factors, including:
- The accuracy of the translation: This refers to the degree to which the translation conveys the meaning of the original text accurately.
- The fluency of the translation: This refers to the degree to which the translation is easy to read and understand.
- The cultural appropriateness of the translation: This refers to the degree to which the translation takes into account the cultural context of the target audience.
- The purpose of the translation: Different types of translations (e.g., literary, technical, commercial) have different quality requirements.
Translation quality can be assessed using a variety of methods, such as:
- Human evaluation: This involves having one or more human translators evaluate the translation for accuracy, fluency, cultural appropriateness, and other quality factors.
- Machine translation evaluation: This involves using machine translation evaluation tools to assess the quality of the translation.
- Translation comparison: This involves comparing the translation to the original text or to another translation of the same text.
Translation quality is important for a number of reasons. Accurate and fluent translations can help businesses to communicate with customers and partners around the world. They can also help to build trust and credibility with customers and partners. Additionally, high-quality translations can help to improve the image and reputation of a business.
Here are some tips for improving translation quality:
- Choose a qualified translator: When choosing a translator, make sure that they have experience in the type of translation that you need and that they are fluent in both the source and target languages.
- Provide clear instructions: When you provide your translator with the source text, be sure to provide them with clear instructions on your requirements, such as the target audience, the purpose of the translation, and any specific style or terminology requirements.
- Proofread the translation: Once you have received the translation, be sure to proofread it carefully to check for any errors.
By following these tips, you can help to ensure that you receive high-quality translations that meet your needs.
Quality of Nordic-Baltic Translation Services
Nordic-Baltic Translation and language service company Baltic Media® Ltd works in accordance with the requirements of the international standard for quality management systems ISO 9001:2015.
It is a specific guarantee for quality ensuring that effective quality assurance procedures, working environment, division of responsibility and quality audits are provided at all levels of the company. The quality management system ensures that the main focus within the company is the satisfaction of the Client’s needs, respect for the Client’s requirements and that the quality management system is continuously improved. Baltic Media Ltd bears the responsibility for the safety, keeping and confidentiality of the Client’s data.
Each translation project from its very beginning to handing over to the Client is supervised by a specific Project Manager, being responsible for selection of the most suitable specialists compliant with the quality requirements set out by the company, fixing appropriate deadlines, and also for the management of top quality assurance.
The price of the translation service includes the translation performed by an experienced and qualified translator as well as the quality accordance in accordance with the requirements of the international standard ISO 9001:2015 – editing, proof-reading as well as delivery to the Client within the fixed deadline and in the appropriate format, thus the Client’s order has been handled by several employees – a project manager, translator, editor, and, if necessary a terminologist and/or a specialist of the field.
The central coordinator in the company is the Project Manager being responsible for informing the Client of the best methods for achieving quality results and maintenance of contact with the Client throughout the Project. Translators are often asked to use terminology approved by the Client, and at the Client’s request Baltic Media® also offers professional assistance for its elaboration. All projects are thoroughly reviewed for their compliance with quality requirements.
According to the corporate philosophy of Baltic Media®, quality is the most important benchmark in competition; therefore the company is determined to meet the requirements of the quality management system.
Services provided by the translation and language training company Baltic Media® are organized in such a way to meet the needs of our Clients. One of the most basic principles is prompt service. Baltic Media Ltd Project Managers can be reached outside our regular office hours.
Quality and promptness – these are the two main principles why our Clients trust Baltic Media®.
Your online Nordic-Baltic translation agency Baltic Media®
The Baltic Media® Nordic-Baltic Translation agency is a leading provider of digital translation services in Northern Europe specialising in Northern European (incl. Nordic, Baltic, Slavic) languages mostly in translation services from/into Swedish, Finnish, Danish, Icelandic, Faroese, Norwegian, German, English, Polish, Russian, Latvian, Lithuanian and Estonian.
As an ISO certified language service provider, the Baltic Media® translation agency offers human translation services for corporate, governmental and private clients.
© Baltic Media®