Estonian Translation and Localization
Language family: Finno-Ugrian, Uralic, Balto-finnish languages
Estonian is most closely related to Finnish and distantly also to Hungarian. It also has some influences from languages such as Russian, German, Swedish, Latvian and Lithuanian (to which it is unrelated).
Official language of: Estonia, European Union
Language code ISO 639-1: ET
More than 10 Estonian language specialists are listed on our databases. In accordance with the quality policy of “Baltic Media” whenever possible translation into the language required by the Client is carried out by a Estonian translator who is a NATIVE speaker of Estonian and/or who resides in Estonia.
We employ only professional Estonian specialists with a college/university degree in linguistics and/or with experience in Estonian translation work with/without specialisation in a specific field.
We have introduced and we work in accordance with ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System thus we have improved the Estonian project coordination and supplier selection procedure. Baltic Media has its own Estonian translator testing system. Criteria: linguistic education, at least 5 years of experience in Estonian translation, references from other clients, Estonian test translation.
A great number of our Estonian suppliers are certified Estonian translators. This qualification is essential for Estonian translations certified by a notary as well as for interpretation in Court trials.
Estonian Translation Services
- Each Estonian translation goes through three stages: translation, editing and proof-reading.
- Estonian translators work with translation programs Trados Translator’s Workbench and Trados MultiTerm which ensure consistent terminology.
- Data safety, storage and confidentiality are our responsibilities. Server storage for finished Estonian translations. If you lose your translation, we will find it in our electronic archives.
- Educated, competent and service oriented Estonian project managers who constantly improve their qualifications in Estonian project management.
- Insurance of civil liability against possible Estonian translation mistakes — insurance company will compensate the loss caused to the client. Such cases cannot be found during of the Baltic Media operation history. However, it serves as an additional guarantee for the client.
- We work globally and have 24 years of international work experience since we have our customers and Estonian translators in all continents.
- Additional services: layout design for Estonian translations, preprint preparation. When handing in the copy for Estonian translation, you may choose to receive the layout ready to print. Layout design service (DTP — Desktop Publishing).
Estonian Translation areas
Estonian legal translations, Machinery and technologies, Business, Finance, Medicine, Advertising, communications, PR, Transport, Computer hardware and software, Science, Agriculture, Automotive, European Union Documents, Legal, Government, Industrial, Life Science, Retail, Estonian Technology translations.
We conclude agreements with all our Clients, with particular commitment to the quality of work, terms of delivery and confidentiality.
Terms of delivery
The services we offer are adaptable to our Clients’ requirements. One of the most essential requirements is prompt service. It is also possible to contact us outside working hours. Quality and promptness — these are two of the main reasons we have gained our Clients’ trust.
Our most commonly used Estonian translations:
English to Estonian
French to Estonian
German to Estonian
Spanish to Estonian
Finnish to Estonian
Polish to Estonian
Czech to Estonian
Slovak to Estonian
Slovenian to Estonian
Hungarian to Estonian
Romanian to Estonian
Bulgarian to Estonian
Latvian to Estonian
Lithuanian to Estonian
Russian to Estonian
Swedish to Estonian
Norwegian to Estonian
Danish to Estonian
Icelandic to Estonian
Ukrainian to Estonian
Italian to Estonian
Estonian to Latvian
Estonian to English
Estonian to Russian
Estonian to French
Estonian to German
Estonian to Lithuanian
Estonian to Hungarian
Estonian to Finnish
Estonian to Bulgarian
Estonian to Italian
Estonian to Ukrainian
Upon request we can provide assistance with additional languages. For more detailed information, please contact [email protected].
Estonian Language Services
Other than operating with the most commonly used text processing software, for instance, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), Adobe Page Maker, and others, we also use special translation software such as Trados SDL, Trados Translator’s Workbench and Trados MultiTerm, Wordfast, thus forming Clients’ terminology databases.
In addition, we offer text conversion from/to PC and Mac platforms, preparation of printing proofs.
Our specialists are also experienced in Estonian web site and software localizationand translation of subtitles,voice over, dubbing of TV programs, movie trailers, video games, radio programs, commercials into Estonian.