Swedish Translation and Localization
Language family: Indo-European languages, Germanic languages
Swedish is spoken both in Sweden and by a significant minority of people in Finland. Swedish has official status here, alongside Finnish. Swedish belongs to the so-called mainland Scandinavian language group (which includes Norwegian and Danish), as distinct from Icelandic and Faeroese.
Official language of: Sweden, Finland, European Union
Language code ISO 639-1: SV
Professional Swedish Translators
More than 20 Swedish language specialists are listed on our databases. In accordance with the quality policy of “Baltic Media” whenever possible translation into the language required by the Client is carried out by a Swedish translator who is a NATIVE speaker of Swedish and/or who resides in Sweden.
We employ only professional specialists with a college/university degree in linguistics and/or with experience in translation work with/without specialisation in a specific field.
We have introduced and we work in accordance with ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System thus we have improved the project coordination and supplier selection procedure. Baltic Media has its own Swedish translator testing system. Criteria: linguistic education, at least 3 years of experience in translation, references from other clients, test translation.
A great number of our Swedish suppliers are certified Swedish translators. This qualification is essential for Swedish translations certified by a notary as well as for interpretation in Court trials.
Swedish Translation Services
- Each Swedish translation goes through three stages: translation, editing and proof-reading.
- Swedish translators work with translation programs Trados Translator’s Workbench and Trados MultiTerm which ensure consistent terminology.
- Data safety, storage and confidentiality are our responsibilities. Server storage for finished Swedish translations. If you lose your translation, we will find it in our electronic archives.
- Educated, competent and service oriented project managers who constantly improve their qualifications in multilingual project management.
- Insurance of civil liability against possible translation mistakes — insurance company will compensate the loss caused to the client. Such cases cannot be found during of the Baltic Media operation history. However, it serves as an additional guarantee for the client.
- We work globally and have 14 years of international work experience since we have our customers and translators in all continents.
- Additional services: layout design for translations, preprint preparation. When handing in the copy for translation, you may choose to receive the layout ready to print. Layout design service (DTP — Desktop Publishing).
Legal translations, Machinery and technologies, Business, Finance, Medicine, Advertising, communications, PR, Transport, Computer hardware and software, Science, Agriculture, Automotive, European Union Documents, Legal, Government, Industrial, Life Science, Retail, Technology translations.
We conclude agreements with all our Clients, with particular commitment to the quality of work, terms of delivery and confidentiality.
Terms of delivery
The services we offer are adaptable to our Clients’ requirements. One of the most essential requirements is prompt service. It is also possible to contact us outside working hours. Quality and promptness — these are two of the main reasons we have gained our Clients’ trust.
Our most commonly used Swedish translations:
English to Swedish
French to Swedish
German to Swedish
Spanish to Swedish
Finnish to Swedish
Polish to Swedish
Czech to Swedish
Slovak to Swedish
Slovenian to Swedish
Hungarian to Swedish
Romanian to Swedish
Bulgarian to Swedish
Latvian to Swedish
Lithuanian to Swedish
Russian to Swedish
Estonian to Swedish
Norwegian to Swedish
Danish to Swedish
Icelandic to Swedish
Ukrainian to Swedish
Italian to Swedish
Swedish to Latvian
Swedish to English
Swedish to Russian
Swedish to French
Swedish to German
Swedish to Lithuanian
Swedish to Hungarian
Swedish to Finnish
Swedish to Bulgarian
Swedish to Estonian
Swedish to Ukrainian
Upon request we can provide assistance with additional languages. For more detailed information, please contact email@example.com.
Swedish Language Services
Other than operating with the most commonly used text processing software, for instance, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), Adobe Page Maker, and others, we also use special translation software such as Trados SDL, Trados Translator’s Workbench and Trados MultiTerm, Wordfast, thus forming Clients’ terminology databases.
In addition, we offer text conversion from/to PC and Mac platforms, preparation of printing proofs.
Our specialists are also experienced in Swedish web site and software localizationand translation of subtitles,voice over, dubbing of TV programs, movie trailers, video games, radio programs, commercials into Swedish.